College Summit Florida, established in 2008, currently works with over 13,000 students in Dade and Broward County. We are honored to be recognized by our district partners for our work in improving the success of students by our inclusion in the district’s vision for reform, ensuring that all our youth graduate from high school and launch into their future with a clear post-secondary plan in hand. Empowering our young people to plan and prepare for their future is one of the most important community investments we can make.
College Summit trains principals, teachers and the most influential students in the school to put every student on the path to a post –secondary plan by:
- Training influential students to ignite interest in college among their peers;
- Equipping teachers to serve as agents of change;
- Developing a culture in which college- career is an expectation;
- Providing a postsecondary planning curriculum, coupled with hands-on web-based technology;
- Capturing and analyzing data for students, educators and principals to drive toward benchmarks via CSNAV, College Summit’s comprehensive online portal.
Historic shifts are occurring today in education, from local school districts to the federal level. College Summit is collaborating with leading businesses, foundations and policy groups to drive many of these bold changes.
- Deloitte Leads Data Innovation: Deloitte’s multi-year, multi-million dollar relationship with College Summit ensures high schools can understand and act on college-going outcomes. Through funds and pro bono services, Deloitte has enhanced the ability of College Summit and its partner schools to utilize data to drive performance, and raised the profile of effective postsecondary data use in schools nationwide.
- Darden Supports Students: The Darden Restaurants, Inc. Foundation champions the expansion of College Summit’s Launch program for grades 9-11 and supports our work to develop and celebrate student leadership.
- College Summit , City Year and The Miami Children’s Trust: Collaborated on developing , implementing and funding an innovative cutting edge after school peer leadership curriculum that combines post –secondary planning, leadership development and school wide college going culture engagement. Harnessing the power of peer to peer mentoring with the goal of increasing post secondary education access.
- Facebook and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation College Knowledge Challenge: The College Knowledge Challenge is a competitive grant initiative funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to award $2.5 million for Facebook applications that make the college-going process more transparent, collaborative, and easy to navigate for low-income and first generation students.
- Voice in Policy: College Summit co-authored three policy papers on the importance of college enrollment and proficiency rates, in collaboration with the Data Quality Campaign calling for states to support transparent reporting of the college enrollment and success rates for high schools.
FLORIDA - FUNDERS
- Bank of America
- Bayview Foundation
- Calder Casino and Race Course
- James L. Knight Foundation
- JP Morgan & Chase
- The Ethel & W. George Kennedy Family Foundation
- Miami Dolphins Foundation/ Sun Life Financial
- Peacock Foundation
- Carnival Foundation
- The Children’s Trust
- Kresge Foundation