- It Starts With Educators
- In Your Classroom
- Professional Development and Support
- Strengthening College-Going Culture
- Working With College Summit
College Summit works with teachers and counselors in their schools to ensure that every student creates a postsecondary plan and can apply to college. We know from more than 10 years of experience that when you put smart tools and training in the hands of committed teachers and counselors, dramatically more students from their schools go to college.
We are proud to partner with career educators who bring their teaching skills, their hard-won credibility with students, and their own experience of having successfully transitioned to, and graduated from, college. With College Summit tools, teachers and counselors make a life-changing difference for thousands of students each year. Our classroom tools include:
The College Summit Navigator Student Edition
The student text is broken into three parts:
• Senior Year Planning Calendars are designed to keep students on-track during the deadline-driven senior year. Vital dates and deadlines are provided, and students revisit these calendars throughout the year to organize and plan their work.
• Weeks 1-34 contain all the materials educators and students need to support learning and practice in the above skill areas, including readings, checklists, worksheets and templates, sample student work, and discussion topics. These materials are arranged in 8 units, each of which is mapped to a month or months in the senior year.
• The Glossary defines common college-going and postsecondary vocabulary.
The College Summit Navigator Educator’s Edition
The educator’s text frames and provides a curricular structure to the Student Edition, offering 33 well-crafted lesson plans, as well as supplementary materials and suggestions for differentiation, scaffolding, and extensions. The Educator’s Edition also includes a brief index to the materials, highlighting important pages and call-outs throughout the text.
CSNav Student Center
CSNav is an interactive and motivating companion to the Navigator. It allows students to continue to explore and practice the skills developed through the curriculum, and to store their work digitally for quick and universal access.
CSNav Professional Center
The ProCenter allows educators to quickly and easily assess student learning and achievement. Additionally, educators have access to a large variety of supplemental materials for download that can help to enhance or further tailor the classroom learning experience. These include additional lesson plans, background building activities, game and activity ideas, reproducible hand-outs, customizable documents, local and regional suggested pacing guides, assessment rubrics, and much more.
Trained Peer Leaders in the classroom
Peer Leaders are seniors who have participated in a College Summit workshop over the summer and are trained in leadership and facilitation skills. These Peer Leaders in the classroom can help to implement the curriculum by facilitating small groups, serving as mentors or cheerleaders for other students, and planning events in your school. Ideas and suggestions for involving peer leaders in classroom activities can be found throughout the Navigator Educator Edition.
These tools, implemented in classrooms everyday across the nation and combined with training and support for educators, have contributed to enormous gains for schools and students in the area of postsecondary success.
In Their Words is a collection of some of the best student essays from our first ten years.