- It Starts With Educators
- In Your Classroom
- Professional Development and Support
- Strengthening College-Going Culture
- Working With College Summit
The College Summit Navigator Curriculum supports all students as they make a successful transition to life after high school by:
• Articulating clear and measurable outcomes
• Focusing on goal-setting, planning, taking action and reflecting
• Reinforcing transferrable skills
• Creating an engaging classroom experience for all participants.
The College Summit Navigator Educator’s Edition provides a curricular framework to help teachers and counselors plan and deliver dynamic classrooms around postsecondary planning during the regular school day.
The Educator’s Edition includes:
• A clearly articulated scope and sequence consisting of 7 flexible, thematic units covering the entire senior year
• 33 start-to-finish lesson plans with suggestions for modification and extension
• Measurable learning objectives based around authentic student performance
• Built-in assessments and suggestions for scaffolding and differentiation.
Educators also have access to:
• CSNav Connections Lesson Plans which provide step-by-step instructions for using College Summit’s online college and career planning tool, CSNav, in conjunction with the subject of the lesson.
• Peer Leader Perspectives, which highlight strategies for tapping into the power of College Summit Peer Leaders.
• CSNav Professional Center, which allows educators to quickly and easily assess student learning and achievement. Additionally, educators have access to a large variety of supplemental materials for download to enhance or future tailor the classroom learning experience.
The corresponding College Summit Navigator Student Edition is an activity workbook that guides seniors through the postsecondary planning process.
• Senior Year Planning Calendars, designed to keep students on-track during the deadline-driven senior year. Vital dates and deadlines are provided, and
students revisit these calendars throughout the year to organize and plan their work.
• 33 weeks of activities, each built around a tangible outcomes that help students plan for and transition to life after high school.
• A large variety of planning resources and templates designed to help students create tangible postsecondary plans, and to help educators assess student learning
• A glossary of common postsecondary planning terms and concepts
The College Summit Navigator Curriculum has been designed based on a rigorous User-Centered Design process which incorporates stakeholder feedback into the product’s lfie cycle. You can read all about our innovative design methods on our blog.
In Their Words is a collection of some of the best student essays from our first ten years.