College Summit provides peer leader training during the summer at workshops held on local college campuses. The workshop provides:
- A concentrated college application experience and training thus influencing their confidence and desire to attend college
- A support group for the students, many of whom have the potential to be the first in their families to attend college.
- Training on College Summit’s online tool, which provides a range of college access tools that help students complete and submit their applications electronically and gather valuable information about financial aid and scholarships.
- Financial aid information and practice making their case for recieving aid.
- Guidance in writing a college essay that demonstrates each student’s personal triumphs.
- A one-on-one meeting with a professional college counselor to provide expert insight into specific college options, enabling students to pursue educational goals tailored to their career aspirations.
- Group “Rap Sessions” in which students discuss strategies to overcome adversity, improve their confidence, accomplish personal goals, and hone self-advocacy skills.
- Role models in the form of College Summit alumni who are currently enrolled in college.
- Peer leadership training so students can bring their newfound skills back to their classrooms as “Peer Leaders” and help foster a culture that encourages college attendance.